Tax Extension Form

Personal Tax Extension > Form 4868

Business Tax Extension > Form 7004

check.png All 1040 Personal Federal Returns

check.png Sole Proprietorships (Schedule C)

check.png Single Member LLCs

check.png E-file IRS Form 4868

check.png C-Corporations and  S-Corporations

check.png Multi Member LLCs and Partnerships

check.png Trusts, Estates and more

check.png E-file IRS Form 7004

How to File a Federal Income Tax Extension Form 2010

If you are not able to file your income tax return by April 15th, make sure to file a federal income tax extension form. Federal tax extensions can be filed online or through the mail. To file a federal income tax extension form, follow the steps below.

The quickest way to file a federal tax extension is to go to the IRS website and eFile one online. The link that goes directly to the IRS federal tax extension webpage is located in the resource section below. First, you will need to create an account. Then on the IRS main menu click "File an Extension.

To print federal tax extension forms, go to the forms and publications section on the IRS website. The link is below. Click on the extension forms link that applies to you and download the form. Print it, fill it out, and mail it before April 15th.

Make sure to estimate and pay the IRS at least 90 percent of any income tax due. Filing a federal tax extension gives you until October 15th to file your federal income taxes; however, filing an extension does extend the time to pay. You are still responsible for estimating any income tax due and sending the IRS at least 90 percent to avoid paying penalties.

If you cannot pay your income taxes, it's still important to file an extension to avoid extra fees and penalties for not filing on time.

Make sure to file a federal tax extension form by April 15th. Extensions after April 15th will not be accepted.


This free website was made using Yola.

No HTML skills required. Build your website in minutes.

Go to and sign up today!

Make a free website with Yola